a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Friday, April 5, 2013

1981-82 OPC Goalie Reboot Complete

  The 1981-82 OPC Goalie Reboot is complete.  In total, I redid 32 original cards and added 44 more, including a few one game wonders.  All goalies from the 1980-81 season are included except for three. who I couldn't find any picture for.  I wasn't able to make an improvement on every single original goalie card but overall I think the reboot definitely puts the boots to the originals.  There is a lot more action shots and a lot more masks.  So what do you think?  Which card is your favourite? 



For most posts, I did two teams per post.  Here are the links to each team's post.

Boston BruinsBuffalo SabresCalgary Flames
Chicago Black HawksColorado RockiesDetroit Red Wings
Edmonton OilersHartford WhalersLos Angeles Kings
Minnesota North StarsMontreal CanadiensNew York Islanders
New York RangersPhiladelphia FlyersPittsburgh Penguins
Quebec NordiquesSt. Louis BluesToronto Maple Leafs
Vancouver CanucksWashington CapitalsWinnipeg Jets

5 comments:

  1. Who were the three you couldnt find a picture for? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Wings goalies Al Jensen and Claude Legris and Colorado Rockies Jare Kaarela. Lots of Al Jensen pictures of him as a Capital, just none as a Red Wing

      Delete
  2. Hello. I have been a fan of OPC goalie cards all my life. I was a very happy kid when I would buy a couple packs of cards and dream of getting "cool" cards. Usually opening the corner store door on my way out with my back pushing it open hands occupying themselves with getting the stick of gum in my mouth. Excited when I saw Canucks or Canadians and any goalie...and goalie that is in a action pose...which was less than half of them...

    These are extraordinary! Thank you so much for restoring my faith in the Knights of the ice. Those who dawned the armour to face the enemies barrage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A proper last line of defence representation from 1981-82 set!! No one wanted to flip through a series of towel garbed warm up shots of their favourite netminder! So glad that you corrected this cardboard atrocity. It is a spectacular visual.

    ReplyDelete