a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Saturday, January 5, 2013

TTM Success: Guy Hebert

  Guy Hebert is best known as a goalie for the Mighty Ducks of Anahiem.  He played 441 of of his 491 career games with the Ducks.  In fact he was in net for the Mighty Duck's inaugural game, a 7-2 thrashing at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings.  He would be Anahiem's #1 goalie until the 2000-01 season.  The emergence of J.S Giguere made Hebert expendable and Hebert was eventually picked up on waivers by the New York Rangers.  He retired at the end of that season..  I sent Guy 3 cards to sign and also included 2 cards for him to keep.  I believe he signed two out of the three I sent to be signed and also signed both of the ones I sent for him to keep.  I can't remember which card he kept.  I think it was a 1994 Donruss.  The return took 309 days.


  The next two are the ones I think I told him he could keep.  Since he returned them signed, they provide an excellent example of what type of cards you should not send to get signed.  The signature is really difficult to find on both cards.  Both cards have a lot of dark colours.  Ideally the card you send should have a light area about 1/3rd of the way up the card.  Most players will sign about a third of the way up the card and in blue or black marker.


No comments:

Post a Comment