a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Belated Anniversary to me!


  The one year anniversary of this blog has come and gone without any recognition.  One year and 10 days ago, I posted a hello message, a custom Peter Sidorkiewicz and a teaser for the 88-89 OPC Tribute set.  I never really thought I'd still be doing this one year later.  The blog was originally supposed to about about my hockey card collection but it took off with the 88-89 OPC Tribute Set and then autographs TTM.  The once fast and furious posting pace has slowed to a crawl.  It's been a gorgeous summer in the Arctic this year.  So I have been busying ATVing, kayaking and eating juicy Jalepeno and Cheese sausages roasted over an open fire.  I am sure that with the return of the snow, ice and, hopefully, the NHL, will help me get back into the blog.
  So how to celebrate the one year anniversary of this blog?  I guess I will have to stop being so lazy and finally put the finishing touches on the 88-89 OPC Tribute set.  Yes, the base set is finished but where is the fun if you can't crack any packs?  They will only be virtual packs but they should still entertain for a few minutes.  I am also adding the one retro aspect that was missing from the original 88-89 set; In Action cards. 


88-89 Tribute In Action Promo Card


  Also, what would an anniversary be without a contest?  Whenever I send out a custom card or picture to get signed, I include an extra copy for the player.  Sometimes they keep it, sometimes they send it back.  Usually when they send both copies back, both are signed.  I am going to give some of those away.  I will post contest details and prize list soon.
  I'd like to thank some of my fellow bloggers for linking to my blog.  I have enjoyed reading many of your blogs, and occasionally pilfering an idea or two.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Of course I'd like to thank you, Constant Reader, for your page views, follows and comments.  Which for all, more is a good think.  If no one ever viewed or commented on my blog, I am sure I would given it up long ago.  So if we continue to work together as a team, give 100% night in and night out, don't underestimate our opponents and blog every post like it's the playoffs, perhaps this blog will be around for another successful season.  Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary--guess I should become a follower even though I've read most of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary.

    sorry I didn't bring any cake....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the accomplishment. Looking forward to another great year of posts!

    ReplyDelete