a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pack Break: 2010-11 Zenith

  Had a big mail day yesterday.  I had orders from eBay, D&A Cardworld, SportLots and Sportscardforum all come in.  Cards that came in ranged from personal collection, set building needs, boxes and rummage sale inventory. 
  One of the items from D&A Cardworld was a pack of 2010-11 Panini Zenith.  It was the last item I ordered.  It was a impulse buy.  I believe I added it since I saw some Zenith cards on eBay and I liked the design.  I really wished I hadn't.  Here's what I got.


  I really do like the design of the base cards.  The background is very simple and clean, it really draws your eyes to the player image.  I just wish I got some better cards.  I am indifferent to the players I got. (Yes I am indifferent to Brad Marchand.)  The Belfour in a Sharks jersey is sight you don't see often, but it's only a novelty to me.  The pack hit, the one in a box insert, was the Red Hot Parallel of Niklas Backstrom.  It is the only semi-interesting card of the pack.  It might be useful as a trader or to get a buck or two from eBay.
  Anytime you buy a $10 pack of cards, you are taking a gamble.  From a resell perspective, I lost.  These 5 cards can be bought for $2.29 + S/H on Sportlots.  From a personal interest perspective, I lost as well.
  So I guess I'll never do that again.  Although we all know I will.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of the Zenith cards but find it very hard to gamble my money on a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog happy to follow
    collectingforkicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete