a img { display:none; } a:hover img { display:block; } -->

Friday, September 9, 2011

88-89 OPC Tribute; 1st Page complete

With card #9 being added, we now have our first page for our binder.  Steven Stamkos' card is the first of the post 88-89 expansion teams to be included.  I had to come up with the colour scheme.  The colour scheme of rest of set looks mostly random.  I am sure if I looked hard enough I could find a theme but instead I chose to go with the ugly colour theme that seems to scream throughout the original set.  I was cheering for the Lightening to go to Finals just to see more of Stamkos's beard.  I swear his face aged at least 10 years during those playoffs.

#8 - Steven Stamkos
Jimmy Howard had a few, very brief, stints with the Wings over three seasons before an All-Rookie team performance in 2009-10 cemented him as the Red Wings #1 goalie.  Keep your eye on the puck, Jimmy.

#9 - Jimmy Howard

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I had another picture I almost used but I loved the eye contact he has with the puck. I just wish he was in the home jersey. The all red jersey would have looked nice on the card.

    ReplyDelete